Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Wikipedia has an article about Amargasaurus.|
Amargasaurus is a sauropod from Argentina. It lived in the early Cretaceous, and had two large rows of spines aligning its back.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Amargasaurus was a new animal introduced to Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter in the June 20, 2012 update. The Amargasaurus is also very fast for its size, making the speed versus mass issue with Stegosaurus seem minor in comparison. According to Tatem Games, it was originally supposed to be slower but was made faster for programming reasons.
Biology[edit | edit source]
It is a mostly unintelligent social herbivore, using its long neck to graze on ferns and shrubs and move in small groups. Amargasaurus shares the spot with Stegosaurus as the third largest animal on the planet, after the Mammoth and Brachiosaurus. However, Amargasaurus can weigh more than 15 tons and is easily comparable to Stegosaurus. It is so unique for having a tall row of spines along its backbone, although the Dinopedia mentions that the spines above the neck can be defense against tall carnivores, it is essentially harmless to the hunter. Unlike the Brachiosaurus which is known to spend most of its time on water, the Amargasaurus is largely terrestrial. Also, while Brachiosaurus hangs its relatively short tail close to the ground, Amargasaurus sticks its tail horizontally behind it. Despite its massive size, it is extremely shy and will flee if approached by predators; running surprisingly fast for its size.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Amargasaurus is the first officially pointable sauropod in any Carnivores game. Although Brachiosaurus was originally intended to be a pointable animal. Also, rumor has it that Seismosaurus can be unlocked as a hidden pointable animal in the original Carnivores, but this rumor is false.
- Occasionally, Amargasaurus will spawn underwater, making it impossible to kill. If you come too close to one of these submerged Amargasaurus, it may run off the map.
- In Observer Mode, the Amargasaurus will notice the hunter from considerably farther away than most other herbivores will.
- In versions 1.4 through 1.4.2 of the game, the Amargasaurus's two rows of spikes were only visible if you were looking at it from head on. In version 1.4.4, it was changed so that you can see both rows from any position.
- The Amargasaurus takes many shots to kill, making it the dinosaur that needs the most shots to kill.
- Amargasaurus is one of the dinosaurs that was reskinned in the 1.8.0 update released in June 2018.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Amargasaurus on The Carnivores Atlas