Brachiosaurus was a very large sauropod dinosaur. It was originally the largest animal in the Carnivores series, featured in Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, and cannot be visibly killed. It is usually found in or very near water, eating aquatic plants.
The Brachiosaurus was originally thought to be the largest and heaviest known animal to ever walk FMM UV-32. This animal is so large that it is nearly unharmed when shot by the hunter. This massive animal is different from other large plant-eating Sauropods, as it possess longer forelegs than hind legs and spends a majority of its time in water, browsing on aquatic plants. FMM UV-32's larger variety of Spinosaurus, as seen in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, is even larger than the Brachiosaurus. It rivals the Brachiosaurus in length; and the largest individuals are over two times heavier than a Brachiosaurus. Additionally, Amargasaurus occasionally grow to Brachiosaurus' size.
The Brachiosaurus can be killed, though trying without modding or using debug mode will only result in wasted ammunition, as its health is set in _RES.TXT to 1024. Even after it is finally killed, the animal will continue moving due to the lack of a death animation in its CAR file. Other effects of its death include:
- Its shadow disappears.
- Its information no longer appears in the hunter's binoculars.
- Like all ambient animals, when a Brachiosaurus is killed, another one is spawned within the hunter's view range.
- Many cheat sites claim that Brachiosaurus can be unlocked in Carnivores, often along with Seismosaurus, and that the only way to kill it is by shooting it in the rear with an X-Bow. While this isn't true, an early sales brochure for Carnivores listed Brachiosaurus as a secret unlockable animal, along with a rocket launcher and a "training level".
- Brachiosaurus may have been originally planned as a pointable animal; if so, it may have been changed to an ambient animal because it would have been too hard for the the hunter to kill. On the other hand, the fact that it is incredibly slow and harmless may have made Brachiosaurus too easy to hunt, and not challenging enough to give the hunter points.
Title art from Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter
. Three Brachiosaurus
are visible in the background to the right.
- Three Brachiosaurus appear in the title art of Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, along with Triceratops, Pteranodon, and a pair of Velociraptor.
- The volcano in "Mount Ravan" doesn't have liquid lava, unlike volcanic areas in Carnivores. This is because of a bug where Brachiosaurus can spawn in liquid lava because the AtmosFear engine has no exception for this situation to prevent it. This can be seen in some fan-made maps made with alt editor II that feature liquid lava and ports of the Carnivores maps to the Carnivores 2 engine.
- ↑ Unlike other ambient animals, which simply omit the property, Brachiosaurus'
basescore property is specified as
0 in _RES.TXT, pointing to the fact that it was originally planned as a pointable animal.
- For information regarding its role in the Plutyrian Cycle, see Brachiosaurus.