Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Wikipedia has an article about Carnotaurus.|
Carnotaurus is a dinosaur in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. Carnotaurus is a large, predatory dinosaur living in South America. It is known for the bull-like horns above the eyes and tiny forelimbs, smaller than those of Tyrannosaurus. It is one of the fastest non-avian dinosaurs, reaching speeds of 31 mph.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Tatem Games announced on their Facebook page on January 25, 2012 that they were adding a new dinosaur in addition to Utahraptor. Although not officially named Carnotaurus in the announcement, the physical features of the model point to this genus. The exact release date of this dinosaur along with others was currently unknown. This and three other dinosaurs were removed from the June 20 update due to animation glitches and were postponed for a later update of 3-4 weeks after the June 20, 2012 update. Carnotaurus was added along with Gigantoraptor in the March 8, 2013 update for Android and April 4, 2013, for iOS.
In game, Carnotaurus was a very large predatory and dangerous dinosaur that proceeded somewhat clumsily around. Like the Allosaurus and Velociraptor, Carnotaurus continuously walks around its environment, never stopping even to rest. Despite its old size, the Carnotaurus will flee if it hears a gunshot at a far distance (Carnotaurus near the coast have been known to run all the way to the edge of the map). When it charges, it was very fast, and will roar and try to bite the hunter before it kills the hunter. Now, it is the size of the Utahraptor and it is slightly faster than the Coelophysis.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Carnotaurus sported a tiger-like skin pattern, giving it a predatory look. As of a recent update, the Carnotaurus has a lighter skin with green eyes and bumps similar to a Stegosaurus. It's body is made up of varying shades of brown, with a small red stripe on the bottom aw It has a long row of spines running from its neck to the end of its long tail. The tail of Carnotaurus is very lengthy, and helps the dinosaur balance as it clumsily walks around. While its huge tail gives it balance while moving, it hinders the Carnotaurus' ability to make sharp turns. The Carnotaurus call is a deep, resonating roar that is similar to the Ceratosaurus. It could also use its fearsome features, namely its sheer size, bulk, bulldog-like snout, and threatening brow horns, to intimidate smaller predators such as Velociraptor and Oviraptor tricking them into abandoning their kills. It's hide is leathery, allowing it to turn more efficiently. Carnotaurs are somewhat aggressive, especially to other predators. Even the most fierce predator may bear scars from an unfortunate encounter with a Carnotaurus.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Carnotaurus (in addition to Utahraptor, Troodon, Oviraptor, Amargasaurus, Gigantoraptor, Coelophysis, Iguanodon, and Dilophosaurus) is the first new official animal for a Carnivores game in about ten years.
- Along with Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus is the first South American dinosaur in the Action Forms/Tatem Games-developed Carnivores games (Giganotosaurus was featured in Carnivores Cityscape, which was developed by Sunstorm Interactive).
- Well-known Carnivores series modder JenDOS_RUS has made and released a Carnotaurus fan model for the PC versions.
- Carnotaurus was the only revealed dinosaur to be excluded from the June 20, 2012 update.
- Like the Gigantoraptor, the Carnotaurus is not listed as "Very Dangerous" or "Extremely Dangerous" on the menu, it is instead given this brief description: Fast when moving forward but clumsy.
- This was changed in a later update to "Extremely Dangerous".
- The Carnotaurus is the first predatory dinosaur, and second predatory animal (the first being Diatryma) to have one of its senses (smell) listed as below-average.
- The skin for the Carnotaurus is different than when it was first shown. The reason for this is because Tatem said that the Carnotaurus didn't look so good when inserted into the game.
- Despite being able to be over twice the length of the old Spinosaurus, the Carnotaurus was proportionately less than half the weight.
- Before the update in September 2016, the Carnotaurus is the only carnivore whose call will not scare away any ambients. (This could be a developer's oversight.)
- This carnivore is extremely skittish for its old size.
- Carnotaurus was reskinned in update 1.8.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Carnotaurus eating the hunter.
A Carnotaurus being aimed at with the Sniper Rifle.
Carnotaurus walking in "Ravaren's Bridge".
References[edit | edit source]