|Wikipedia has an article about Coelophysis.|
Coelophysis were small pack-hunting dinosaurs featured in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. Coelophysis are always in groups. Whenever the group is alerted, it's members will chase after the hunter.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Like Utahraptor, Carnotaurus, Indricotherium, Hyaenodon, and Iguanodon, and others, Coelophysis was announced on the official Facebook page on February 26, 2014 by Tatem Games; they stated that they were adding a new dinosaur in addition to Iguanodon. The Coelophysis was released in April 18, 2014 as well as the Iguanodon.
Coelophysis is a pack hunter, and appears on the map as several dots mingling together. When the hunter approaches, they swarm towards him. Having relatively weak health, one may manage to hold his ground and take them out, but it is recommended to either attain higher ground or retreat, as Coelophysis do not "swerve" as most dinosaurs do, they simply charge right towards you, as a group. Coelophysis also have the distinction of being very noisy and loud; allowing the hunter to hear them a great distance away. Even though the Coelophysisis a pack hunter occasionally one will spawn on it's own.
Pack mechanics[edit | edit source]
With the Coelophysis being the first pack dinosaur, it's AI is different from other dinosaurs.
When a hunter locates a pack and fires a weapon at, or anywhere, the dinosaurs closest to him/her will run towards the player. By aiming at the side of the animal; a few 1-3 hits will bring down each animal.
The dinosaurs that aren't in "attack mode range" will flee and regroup elsewhere. If none of the pack is in the attack range, the entire pack will move a short distance away. Then, no matter where the hunter is, on one side of the map or the other, several individuals from that pack will hunt the hunter down until killed, or they kill the player.
This means that by taking select individuals from each pack, a careful hunter can amass a gigantic swarm, gun them down safely and take a picture for the record books.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Coelophysis is unique in that is has undergone two revealed design changes before being released; a trait it shares in common with Carnotaurus.
- Coelophysis is the only dinosaur that moves around formally with other dinosaurs of the same type; representing the first ever cooperative hunters in Carnivores.
- Coelophysis was reskinned in update 1.8.0.
- Before update 1.8.0., Coelophysis color scheme strongly resembled that of the Coelophysis from BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs.
- When hunting on a map full of Coelophysis, it is noted that if the hunter shoots a loud weapon, causing the pack to run a short distance and then send the majority of individuals back to attack, and then the hunter relocates away, the dinosaurs will hunt down the player even on the other side of the map. Thus, with repeated relocating, a player can mass a swarm of over 30 Coelophysis to one spot. Coelophysis will flee and come back.
- Coelophysis is the only carnivorous animal in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter that does not have the "Extremely dangerous!" danger level. Instead, its "Dangerous if disturbed."
- Coelophysis shares the same pack mechanics with Titanis.
References[edit | edit source]