|Wikipedia has an article about Iguanodon.|
Iguanodon was a large ornithopod dinosaur, and holds the distinction of being the second dinosaur officially named. It also had a large thumb-spike most likely used for self-defense. It was added with the Coelophysis on April 18, 2014.; it itself is a large ambient, animal that gives points when killed and is hostile when threatened.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Tatem Games announced on their Facebook page on February 26, 2014 that they were adding a new dinosaur in addition to Coelophysis in late March or April 2014. The Iguanodon is a brownish orange and covered in red splotches along it's neck, head and tail. On the map, it appears as a "?" mark, and when the hunter approaches, it runs around wildly, but doesn't seem to leave the hunters field of vision. Like Brontotherium and Indricotherium, the Iguanodon crushes the hunter with its front legs. The Iguanodon also could leap at the hunter if they were running away to try to avoid the Iguanodon. If the hunter shoots the Iguandon and hits, the Iguandon will immediately charge the hunter trying to kill it.
Iguanodon was not mentioned in the Apple App Store for the Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter update log when the update appeared. Instead it was added "secretly" as a hostile ambient animal that wanders about the map much like a regular pointable animal; the only difference being that Iguanodon is an ambient creature that can deliver points. Upon death, it rewards the hunter with about 35 - 40 points when killed. Both it and Coelophysis have yet to be added to the Android port. It was added as selectable on August 4, 2014 for Android and August 11, 2014 for iOS. In the latest update, Iguanodon received a different skin. This skin is brownish-green, with a darker green stripe running along the back and darker brown one above that intersected by lighter brown vertical ones. The head is a dark tan.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Iguanodon was the first hostile ambient animal ever to be released in the Carnivores series.
- Iguanodon (or some type of hadrosaur) appears on the cover art for the original Carnivores. If you look behind the T-Rex, you can see a possible Iguanodon herd.
- Like Indricotherium, Iguanodon runs into the hunter's sight when it gets shot.
- Iguanodon was reskinned in update 1.8.0. which resembles one drawn by Zdeněk Burian.
- The Iguanodon is the second huntable hadrosaur in Carnivores after the Parasaurolophus.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]