|Wikipedia has an article about Paraceratherium.|
Paraceratherium (commonly known as and named Indricotherium in the game) is a animal for Carnivores: Ice Age. Paraceratherium is an extinct genus of gigantic hornless rhinoceros-like mammals of the family Hyracodontidae.
Carnivores: Ice Age (mobile)[edit | edit source]
Tatem Games announced on their Facebook page on July 16, 2013 that they were adding Paraceratherium to the game in addition to Hyaenodon to the game in 5-7 days. Instead, they were added at a much later date, on November 26, 2013.
The Paraceratherium is the seventh pointable animal in the game. Once the hunter earns 200 credits, the animal can be unlocked and hunted. In game, Paraceratherium is a huge, quadrupedal herbivore that thunders across its environment. Like most of the herbivores in the polar regions of the planet, Paraceratherium occasionally stops to graze on low-lying shrubbery. This enormous beast will also stomp about and shake its head violently, perhaps as a warning to smaller predators or to other Paraceratherium who may be intruding its territory. The Paraceratherium is dangerous if wounded, and at close range will charge the hunter if shot. If a hunter fails to down a charging Paraceratherium, the animal will repeatedly crush the hunter under its mighty front legs, much like the Brontotherium. Like Diatryma, Paraceratherium can swim if the water is far down. Paraceratherium's calls sound like a mix between a sheep and a cow.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Like all herbivorous mammals of FMM UV-32, Paraceratherium walks about on four strong legs. It has a very long neck, capable of reaching foliage short-necked mammals cannot. Paraceratherium has a large yet loose top lip, most likely used as a tiny trunk in wrapping around branches before scraping off the leaves with its teeth. Unlike the other mammals dwelling in the polar areas, the Paraceratherium is not covered in a thick coat of wool, or even small, bristle-like hairs. Instead, it has a very thick, rhinoceros-like skin, which may help protect it from predators as well as cooler temperatures. Paraceratherium is light tan in color. The front legs and shoulders have bony protrusions sticking out of them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Much like with Diatryma, the game uses a junior synonym for Paraceratherium instead of the correct taxonomic name.
- In the Trophy Room, Yeti trophies turn into Paraceratherium trophies while the November 26, 2013 update is downloading.
- For some reason, the Paraceratherium charges at you at any distance when wounded, this is due to a programming error, or was made like that.
- Though the game's Dinopedia says that it is the biggest mammal on the planet, it is even smaller and shorter than the Mammoth, The Yeti, and other big creatures.
- In update 1.8.0 Paraceratherium was reskinned.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]