We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Survival Mode or Survive Mode is a game mode introduced (and exclusive to) Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, and likely to be released again to Carnivores: Ice Age. This is a type of training experience developed by DinoHunt Corp.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The gameplay involves the hunter, rooted in a canyon in Mount Ravan. With unending waves of charging animals, and only armed with a shotgun and infinite ammo, gameplay can be difficult, but easy to get the hang of.
Scoring[edit | edit source]
The hunter gains points for each downed animal, with the number of points depending on the species of animal. Additional points are rewarded for the distance of each kill In the end, even more extra points are awarded for the accuracy of each shot.
Waves[edit | edit source]
All waves starting with wave 20 spawn the following animals:
Starting with wave 34, the animals' movement speed increases dramatically.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being considered a training method, this may actually be considered a suicide mission. Dinosaurs in this mode will not stop running towards you until you have been killed.
- There is a way to move in Survive Mode: kill a Chasmosaurus right before it kills you, and then the dead body will push into you, making you move a little.
- There is a vantage point behind the starting location that can possibly be reached; however it has not been recorded as of yet on camera.
- Even though the waves are infinite, the dinosaurs come at the player in set groups composing of the same dinosaurs each time for each wave. For example, Wave 1 consists of two Chasmosaurus, Wave 2 consists of three Chasmosaurus, Wave 3 consists of two Chasmosaurus and one Allosaurus, Wave 4 consists of two Allosaurus and two Chasmosaurus, and wave 5 introduces Velociraptor....etc...
- Ambient animals killed in Survive Mode will not sink into the ground, unlike pointable animals.
- In an unknown update, ambients were changed to now sink into the ground like the other animals; presumably in the 1.7.0 update.
- The animals here have a lot less health than those in Hunt Mode; all dinosaurs require one direct shot to die.