Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Ancient Temple
|The Ancient Temple|
|With only a small temple as a safe zone, this is a map for advanced hunters. The temple, located in the center of the island remains one of the biggest mysteries on the planet. Hieroglyphs on the wall indicate a worship of the Velociraptor, calling the beast "fast as the wind, with teeth sharper than any blade."|
"The Ancient Temple" is the fourth area in Carnivores. With only a small, isolated temple as a safe zone, this map is recommended for advanced hunters. The temple, located in the center of the island, remains one of the biggest known mysteries on the planet, apparently built by ancient natives. Hieroglyphs on the wall indicate a worship of the Velociraptor, calling the beast "fast as the wind, with teeth sharper than any blade." This island is very important because it reveals rare evidence about the extinct inhabitants of FMM UV-32. It shows that they had forms of worship and writing skills, it also tells of their building skills. The temple also possesses an ominous, disembodied voice speaking something against the wind.
Geography[edit | edit source]
The island consists of rolling hills covered in jungle, with rocky outcrops and several bodies of water and a mountain range to the north.
Northeast Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Lake- A small body of water.
- Northwall Mountains- Forming the northernmost boundary of the island, the range presents an insurmountable wall which a clever hunter can use to funnel prey and cut off escape, whereas an unlucky hunter may find themselves trapped with their back to unyielding granite in the shadow of a looming Tyrannosaurus. The mountain rim is the highest point on the map.
Southeast Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Mud Flat- A large flat plain populated with shrubs and small plants growing in the dark soil. Due to the lack of trees and even level of the terrain, the flat provides excellent visibility in all directions, and the dark color causes prey animals to stand out. A silt pond provides an extra degree of cover, if the hunter has the patience—and lung capacity—to wait it out.
Northwest Quadrant[edit | edit source]
No geographic features of note
Southwest Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Stone Ring Lake- A small rounded lake surrounded by large boulders with a stone rise in the center of the lake. Climbing the rise provides a platform from which the hunter can lay in wait, out of reach of predators.
- Footpaths- A circuit of game trails.
Central[edit | edit source]
- Temple Complex- A ruined open air construct surrounded by a moat of lava, believed to be a hub of worship for the mysterious civilization that inhabited the island. Considered connected to other ancient constructs on FMM UV-32, the temple's primary use is as a hard to reach, impregnable haven for a wise hunter. Its architecture and supernatural mysteries add to its appeal.