Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Wikipedia has an article about Triceratops.|
|This is a dinosaur for advanced hunters. Meaning "three horned face", this is another dinosaur that is very easy to spot. As big as an elephant, the short nose horn and two long hollow horns sticking out from above the eyes can make this dinosaur a dangerous animal when wounded. The target-zones on this specimen are the neck, and back, and eye areas, as well as the left side of the heart. This plant eater an average sense of sight, a low sense of smell, and an average sense of hearing.|
|Length||4.00–7.00 m (13.33–23.33 ft)|
|Weight||1.92–5.88 T (2.12–6.48 t)|
|Spawns when not hunted?||no|
The Triceratops is a large, four-legged, herbivorous dinosaur characterized by the large frill on the back of its head, two long horns over its eyes, and a shorter horn on its snout. In Carnivores, the Triceratops is generally harmless unless it is injured, in which case it will chase and attempt to trample the player, similar to the Chasmosaurus in Carnivores 2. Interestingly, it is the only dinosaur in the game that can kill the hunter in Observer Mode.
Biology[edit | edit source]
The FMM UV-32 Triceratops appears overweight and lethargic compared to its lighter Earth counterpart, but it is a very dangerous animal that will trample smaller enemies such as Allosaurus, Velociraptor, and human hunters flat into the ground if wounded. However, it is as timid as it is potentially dangerous and will flee if approached from a distance. Triceratops is a solitary grazer and uses its three horns, each up to a metre in length, to uncover roots and tubers hidden under the dirt. It will also use these horns in fierce territorial clashes with rivals and in courtship displays. It also has a short bony frill around its neck that acts as a shield when attacked by larger predators such as Ceratosaurus and Tyrannosaurus rex. Triceratops is one of the larger inhabitants of FMM UV-32's tropics, and can reach lengths of 24 feet, and weighs up to 6 tons. Triceratops communicate using a shallow, throaty bellow.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD[edit | edit source]
The Triceratops returns in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD as a trophy animal. A Triceratops license costs 250 gems, and is the second-to-last license available to purchase. The Triceratops is rather slow but has very thick skin, which makes downing one very difficult, even with powerful weapons. Ordinarily, the Triceratops will flee if startled or wounded, but if the hunter gets too close or corners one, it will charge in self-defense. The dinosaur's huge frill acts as an effective shield in blocking its vitals from certain angles, so patience may be required to hunt one down. The Triceratops' call is a low, moaning bellow that travels for miles. The Triceratops has a low sense of sight, an average sense of smell, and an excellent sense of hearing.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn[edit | edit source]
The Triceratops returns in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn. It is once again dangerous, capable of killing the hunter by impaling him with massive brow horns. The Triceratops call is a low, rumbling bellow. Mutated Triceratops can be found roaming the islands.
Primal Prey[edit | edit source]
In Primal Prey, the Triceratops is different from the Carnivores variant. Its body is more anatomically correct, and is a very social animal. A Triceratops can weigh anywhere between 9,500 and 12,500 lbs.
Gender differences[edit | edit source]
- Male- sports black stripes running across the hips, shoulders,and tail, as well as the outer edge of the frill. Also features intimidating red patterns on the frill. 10,300 lbs will earn a star.
- Female- No distinctive frill patterns or stripes, but displays white spots all over the body and frill. 12,300 lbs will earn a star.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Carnivores Cityscape, a picture of the Triceratops from Primal Prey can be seen on one of the advertisement screens in the city level.
- Triceratops is the only animal in the Carnivores Series that has yet to appear in a mobile remake, (besides the ones from Carnivores Cityscape since there is no mobile edition for that game). However, the Triceratops is seen in the main menu art of Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter.
- The concept of adding Triceratops in its original form is not foreign to Tatem Games, however. Several suggestions and acknowledgments have gone over by the team including a note passed on to developers.
- In hd and reborn unlike ankylosaurus it would not run away from ceratosaurus but would from tyrannosaurus, this is most likely a bug 
- In Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter Reborn, the Triceratops is actually quite skittish, making it easy to kill. It would only attack if you're in the front, however, it would sometimes stop and pause while charging at you. The triceratops would be more fearsome if it could charge at you without the sudden stops and pauses.
References[edit | edit source]