Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Wikipedia has an article about Troodon.|
Troodon was a small omnivorous dinosaur whose remains have been found in North America. Troodon is the type species of Troodontidae, the sister clade to Dromaeosauridae within Deinonychosauria, which makes Troodon a relative of Velociraptor, Utahraptor and Archaeopteryx. It has one of the highest known brain size-to-body mass ratios of any dinosaur. Troodon had very large eyes meaning it may possibly have been nocturnal. Troodon is present in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Possibly the smartest dinosaur on FMM UV-32, this intimidating bird-like dinosaur can easily outwit both its prey and its predators. Troodon boasts large eyes for spotting prey at any time of day. It is so much larger and fiercer than Earth's species, and as a result is much less fearful of hunters and large dinosaurs. To top it all off, Troodon is incredibly fast and has serrated teeth for ripping into prey. While Earth's species had a hyper-extendable toe with a sickle claw on each foot for stabbing prey, the FMM UV-32 species has a much more reduced digit. It was an omnivore. The Troodon is olive green with a cream underbelly. The back is purple, with light brown stripes blending into it.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Troodon is a small, agile dinosaur introduced in the June 20, 2012 update. Thanks to the animal's large forward-facing eyes, it can spot a hunter or other potential prey from a large distance and see well at night. It is extremely dangerous and will attack the hunter at close range. However, it will flee if it notices the hunter from a distance. Troodon has more health than Velociraptor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Troodon, Carnotaurus, Utahraptor, Oviraptor, Dilophosaurus, Gigantoraptor, Iguanodon, Amargasaurus, and Coelophysis, are the first new official animals for a Carnivores game in about 10 years.
- A Troodon and Utahraptor appear in promotional art for the June 20, 2012 update for Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter on Tatem Games' website.
- Strangely, the Troodon in the promotional art is more like the Troodon found on Earth, since it has the large toe claw on each foot, even though it doesn't have them in the game.
- Troodon was first introduced to fans on the Carnivores Facebook page in a video displaying an idle animation. However, Troodon seemingly wanders around the map without one in the final build, similar to Allosaurus and Velociraptor. It is currently unknown why this animation was removed but was possibly related to animation bugs.
- The Troodon in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter more closely resemble Sinocalliopteryx or Huaxiagnathus considering their lack of the characteristic deinonychosaurian sickle claw.
- Even before its addition to the game, a pair of Troodon appeared in the Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter title art. They were too small and slender to be Velociraptor, yet too carnivorous in appearance to be Gallimimus, meaning they were probably Troodon.
- The missing idle animations for the Troodon are actually still in the game's data, albeit unused.
- Troodon was reskinned in update 1.8.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]