Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Wikipedia has an article about Utahraptor.|
Utahraptor is a dinosaur in Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. It is the largest known member of the dromaeosaurids, a family of dinosaurs commonly known as "raptors." It is a medium-sized carnivore from the early Cretaceous. It had the capability of taking down large herbivores in packs of 2-3.
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter[edit | edit source]
Utahraptor is an extremely dangerous pointable animal introduced in the June 20, 2012 update of Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. Utahraptor boasts speed and does not scare easily. It will charge, even if it notices the hunter at the edge of the hunter's view. Despite this, it has a lot of problems climbing steep slopes, possibly more than any other animal in the series. It has the ability to turn 90 degrees in less than a second. It is arguably the most dangerous dinosaur in the game next to T-Rex, due to its speed and maneuverability, making escape virtually impossible, as well as its brutal hunting methods. In the latest updates, it leaps at the hunter when it attacks.
Biology[edit | edit source]
A ferocious carnivore, Utahraptor is often compared to Smilodon because of its similar hunting methods. It uses its sickle-shaped claws to stab the jugular vein and windpipe of prey. Utahraptor is the larger of the two raptor species on the planet, surpassing Velociraptor in length by at least three meters. Unlike Velociraptor, it sports a small crest of feathery down on its neck, probably for display. It's skin, as of the most recent update, is a dark grey with a white stripe on it's sides. It also does not simply flee if sensing a threat from the distance like Velociraptor, Utahraptor will charge a threat from great distances. It is slightly slower than Velociraptor due to its larger size, but is still very fast, with a top speed of 70 kilometers per hour and can turn 90 degrees in just a second.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Utahraptor is the first announced animal to be officially added to a Carnivores game in about 10 years.
- A Utahraptor and Troodon appear in promotional art for the June 20, 2012 update to Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter on Tatem Games' website.
- Utahraptor has a swim animation. However, the animation is simply the walking animation with the feet pointed down.
- The Utahraptor skin strongly resembles that of the male Velociraptor in Jurassic Park III. However, there are differences. The Jurassic Park raptor was more bluish-purple in color, with a pale blue stripe and red eyes. The game's Utahraptor is gray with a lighter grey to white stripe and yellow eyes.
- The idle animations for Utahraptor and Oviraptor consist of the animal emitting its mating call. This may suggest that hunting season for these two species is during the mating season, probably because the animals would be more responsive to a hunter's calls during this time.
- Like many other carnivores, Utahraptor will run away if it sees, hears, or smells the hunter from a sufficient distance.
- Utahrator was reskinned in update 1.8.0.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]